Thursday, August 7, 2008

Purple and green

First we will revisit my last completed knit, the Hedgerow Sock. I finally took some pictures of the sock on my foot. It's showing up a little more yellow than it should be I think, I love the colour of this yarn.



The lovely heel flap, in pattern

Pattern: Hedgerow Socks by Jane Cochran
Yarn: Sundara Sock, Mossy from the Seasons club 2007, Autumn
Needles: 2.25mm Knit DPNs


Then, while we were away I finished the May RSC socks. They are FANTASTIC, a little tight through the gusset getting them on, but just a little. They were really fun to knit and my first toe up socks so they were a great learning experience. Which was just what I was hoping for from this club and the last two socks have lived up to it.



I love the look of the gusset, but if I were to do these socks again I think I would leave out the side ladders that travel up the sides of the foot and around the edge of the gusset. I can see myself doing another one of Yarnissima's patterns Firestarter perhaps?) as I really enjoyed this knit.



The socks are fraternal for more than one reason (heehee). First, I just kept knitting on the leg of the second sock without looking at the instruction and negelected to start the transition to the 1x1 rib in the last diamond on the back. Also, I cast off purlwise on the first sock and although it's not too tight (I worked really hard to make sure it wasn't) it's not all that stretchy so I did a sewn cast off on the second sock and I like how it looks. This is the sock with the rib where it's supposed to start.



Pattern: Cleopatra's Stockings by Yarnissima
Yarn: Socks that Rock lighweight, The Incredible Shrinking Violet. The May RSC shipment
Needles: 2.5mm Knit Picks 32in circular, magic loop
Mods: I'm not normally one to modify a pattern much, but I didn't do the twisted rib on this sock. It drives be batty to knit it and I don't much like the look of it either. But I'm VERY happy with these socks!


Like I said, I finished these while we were away. And what was waiting for me when we got home? The new package, complete with two patterns, I do beleive that Gumdrops will be my Olympics project.

Goody Goody

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are both beautiful socks! We have matching Hedgerows. :)