Monday, October 8, 2007

Hot. Too hot.

After 3 very very rainy days, the sun is out today. It's too hot, 30 degrees and humid. It's just crazy. All my boys are outside raking leaves, working up a sweat and getting dirty. The girl is sleeping.

I'm cruising along on the cable rib socks for Emily, STR lightweight, Scottish Highlands. Not my favourite colourway, but she likes it. They should be making their way to Reno by the end of the week.


I'm very tempted to cast on for some little Rum Running Monkey's for the girl tonight, but I love my Anemoi Mittens. I'm really enjoying knitting them and they are turning out just as I had hoped. This is of course after multiple attempts to get the wrist big enough to actually fit over my hand! I'm knitting them Magic Loop (first time!), I wasn't sure how my tension would be trying to do stranded colourwork AND wrangle the DPNs.

Still waiting on my BMFA mail, good thing I have stuff to keep me busy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I casted on 6 times before I got the Anemois to work right too! Can't wait to see yours.