Monday, May 5, 2008

Playing receptionist today

My husbands secretary is ill today, so I'm filling in. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just sort of muddling through. I need to fill in for a week in June though, so this is good practice. But on with the knitting.

I finished the socks for my MIL in mid April (yes, I'm a bad knit blogger), on what I though was going to be the last chilly day of the season, but good old Mother Nature has decided that we do indeed need spring and not spummer.



This is the Retro Rib Sock from Interweave Knits Favorite Socks, knit in the lovely Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight, Love in Idleness. It's so pretty!



She was wearing them today when she came to watch the small people for me and says they fit perfectly. It's nice to make socks for people whose feet are the same size as your own (I'm sure I've said that before)



I went to the DKC Knitters Frolic in Toronto last weekend. Ooo it was fun. Lettuce Knit was there with a table full of STR. I came home with a mediumweight skein in Philosophers Stone and a lightweight in Moss Agate. I also got a Tulip kit, because I couldn't hold out any longer, and a skein of Malabrigo Worsted to make a Koolhaas hat for J's Kindergarten teacher. I'm in love with the Malabrigo. I want my sheets made out of it. There is more in my future, guaranteed.

Well, my car knitting wasn't in the car (silly me for not checking) so I have no knitting. Tragic isn't it? So those poor ribbed socks languishing in the WIP pile will languish a little longer, the ribbing is done though and I'm ready to turn the heel.

Coming soon, the secret project.

5 comments:

zenren said...

Oh how I long to sit and knits STR socks with you...

zenren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zenren said...

How did you get that projects progress thing? Is it a widget or through blogger?

Heather said...

It was something I came across on ravelry. I started with this post and read on from there, just sort of pieced it all together with some trial and error.

It uses the photos and percentages from your projects page in Ravelry, so when you update the progress there, it is updated on the blog too.

Anonymous said...

Those came out so lovely! It is nice to have someone with the same size feet as your own!