Thursday, August 23, 2007

Still waiting

OK Canada Post, where is my wool! The last update from USPS said this

"Your item arrived in CANADA at 2:31 PM on August 16, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

I've been checking. And checking and checking. Well, today is August 23rd and it still didn't come. This BSJ needs to be done by September 8th and if that is going to happen, the wool needs to get here!

I've been touching and squeezing the Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed that arrived on Monday. It's so lovely. I may have to swatch it tonight, I can't take it anymore.

It's a rainy dreary day here today. I've made the buttercream for the cupcakes I will be baking tomorrow for Nikki's wedding on Saturday. The blue is not right. I can get it dark enough in the fondant, but the butter cream is being difficult. I need to add more colour, but I'm really worried about altering the taste of the icing by adding too much. Sigh. And now it looks like I won't be able to stay for dinner at the wedding after all. Some dingbat hospital muckymuck has scheduled a dinner meeting for 430 on a Saturday in August that Jeremy needs to go to. Who does that? So, depending on who HE finds to watch the children (this one isn't my problem) and what their schedule is like, I may have to come home from London earlier than I want to. Sucky.

No comments: