Thursday, August 30, 2007

My plans are all shot to sh!t

So, I'm still waiting. Apparently my package cleared customs on the 27th and arrived at the local postal depot at 8 am this morning. But it isn't at my house. I was REALLY hoping to have it for the car ride to the zoo tomorrow. It's an almost 2 hour drive. So unless somehow, miraculously it arrives before 9am, I'm not going to have it. Damn customs holding up yarn for crying out loud. Don't they have better things to do?

What have I been doing while I wait for my elusive STR shipment. Well, I've turned the heel and worked a bit of the foot of my Yarn Pirate July sock club colour -- Rum Runner in the retro rib pattern. Don't think I like it, and I think I'm going to rip it out. I finished the foot and turned the heel on my Anne Budd Toe-Up sock, the foot fits OK until about 2/3 of the way up then it it just stretched too much and the heel/ankle/leg is too small. So that need to be ripped back too. It's in Lorna's laces Aslan BTW. What have I been doing that I'm not going to rip out? One of Jer's socks is done, that was one long stockinette foot! They're really nice (It, right now it's an it, not a they) and I've done most of the cabled band for his Avast sweater. The new plan is to finish that tonight and pick up the stiches to begin the 8m of stocking stich on the body in the car tomorrow.

My big boy is 7 today. Seven.

No comments: